5 DIGS FOR BEGINNERS If you're thinking about joining your very first dig, these are just some of the projects that welcome - and offer training to - those new to fieldwork.
1. We Dig the Castle (Midlands, p.S2) wedigthecastle.weebly.com firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Isert Kelly Castle (Ireland, p.SO) www.galwayarchaeologicalfieldschool.com email@example.com
3. The Colemore Project (South East, p .S4) www.lissarchaeology.uk firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Moel-y-Gaer, Bodfari (Wales, p .S1) www.arch.ox.ac.uk/bodfari email@example.com
5. Scremby Osteology Field School (M idlands, p.S2) www.digscremby.org firstname.lastname@example.org
5 DIGS FOR ACADEMIC CREDIT Practical work in the field is a crucial part of studying archaeology. These digs can all earn students some academic credit towards their degrees.
1. Keem Bay/Caraun Point (Ireland, both p.SO) www.achill-fieldschool.com email@example.com
2. Coldingham (Scotland , p.SO) www.digventures.com firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Discovering Dorchester (South East, p .S4) www.discoveringdorchester.blogspot.co.uk email@example.com
4. Sedgeford Historical and Archaeological Research Project (East, p .S2) www.sharp.org .uk firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Saveock Water Archaeology (South West, p.S4) www.archaeologyonline.org email@example.com
Season 23 - 1st July to 10th August 2018
Courses include: Basic Excavation & Recording Techniques Environmental Archaeology Human Remains Landscape & Non-Invasive Archaeology Arc haeometa LLurgy Photogrammetry & Digital Reconstruction Quote ref. CA0418
Find out more at www.sharp.o